Saturday, May 22, 2010

Life

We as a individuals exist in our own personal realities defined and interpreted by our experiences. Those experiences can be shaped by individual experiences that happen independant of influence by other conscious's or they are shaped through experiences that are influenced by others we accept as sources of experience. We come together as communities and groups and create a pool of shared experiences and interpretations we use to form rules and guidelines for our lives. Each individual places a different value on the interpretations of others based on our own individual experiences concerning those individuals. We trust individuals whom our individual experiences provide some form of value. That value can come from our appreciation of their credentials concerning the subject our through shared experiences that provide value. Each individual can ascribe different values on any given individual. There are those who do not value any outside interpretations and there are those who do not value their own experiences or interpretations and are thus subject to reality as defined by others rather then their own reality. So why does this matter? Because if you comprehend the world in this way but through your own experiences you are disappointed in your place in this world you seek validation from others to create a reality in which you do not disappoint yourself. This matters because I am one of those people. I do not know how to fix myself so I can be comfortable with what my experience, and thus my reality, says about who and what I am. In other word for people like me these relationships are vital. So when I find one that allows me to find some value in my existence I cling to it and act inappropriately anytime I feel like I am going to lose that which allows me to not hate myself....

1 comment:

  1. Awwe, you won't lose me. Even though my life is hectic I always think about you. I hope you're happy and that you are loving yourself. I think you are an amazing person even if you have a difficult time seeing it.

    ReplyDelete