Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whats happening.

So I am making some pretty big changes in my life starting right now. First of all I am a vegetarian from now on. At least I am going to try to be one. I have always loved meat and loved cooking with it, but realistically it's unethical to eat meat and I wanna stop. Beyond that it's a tool for change and proving that I can change. I need to prove to myself that I can consistently maintain a major change in my life.

Second thing that I intend on doing is going to meditation services on a regular basis. First of all I need to find a good Buddhist temple or center to go to. I figured I would be able to google it and have no problem. I am afraid that was incorrect. The only one that looked like it would work for my purposes is in downtown Phoenix, and that just is not realistic. So I'll figure it out.

Last thing, work out starts tonight. Going to keep it simple, sit ups/crunches, push ups, curls, squats, standing press, and maybe a couple other exercises I can think of during the process. I will also be heading to the track across the street to walk/jog for a while.

All in all it is time to make the changes in my life I want to make. Also on a philosophical note, I hate you Hume, you ruin everything!

Finally my music video for the day:

3 comments:

  1. Meat isn't bad in moderation. Was a large portion of your diet meat? White chicken breasts and fish are great proteins. I'm glad to hear you are going to start exercising more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going vegetarian because meats bad, I am doing because the system that provides us meat is bad. I have come to the conclusion that in our society there is no ethical defense when it comes to eating meat, so I am going to try to stop. That being said, there are practical reasons to eat meat, like I can not afford everything I would need to be a healthy vegetarian so I am going to meat every now and then, which is what I have decided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope you stick with your new life changes.

    ReplyDelete